Friday 23 March 2018

Raleigh/Carlton Grand Prix: New Fibrax Break Blocks [New Old Stock Early '80s]

The original Fibrax brake blocks have been on the bike for 40 years, but were still holding up OK. The front brake had been seized for a long time by the look of it, as the front blocks are only about half worn. The rear blocks are very worn on the other hand and I think the time has come to replace them.


I can find cheap reproduction brake blocks for as little as 99p each, though the original grey Fibrax ones have eluded me for a while. The set I have finally got hold of are new-old-stock Fibrax blocks from the early '80s, which is perfect, but they are however the white-coloured compound designed for BMX with solid Mag wheels. I am sure they are fine to use on alloy-rims.


No comments:

Post a Comment